Audioengine A2+ Speakers: In-Depth Review & Specs
Find out why the Audioengine A2+ is a popular choice for computer speakers. Read our review for a detailed breakdown of the sound quality, build quality, and features of this versatile and high-quality speaker system.
Audioengine A2+ is a pair of powered bookshelf speakers designed for high-quality music playback and computer audio. They are known for their compact size, high-fidelity sound, and ease of use. The A2+ features built-in amplifiers and high-quality components, allowing users to connect directly to a computer, smartphone, or tablet without the need for an external amplifier or receiver. The speakers are also compatible with a range of other devices, making them versatile and flexible. With a classic design, compact size, and exceptional sound quality, the Audioengine A2+ is a popular choice for home music systems, desktop audio, and more.
Pros and cons Audioengine’s A2+ speakers
- High-quality sound: The A2+ delivers high-fidelity, detailed sound that is well-suited to a wide range of music genres and other audio content.
- Compact design: The compact size of the speakers makes them a good choice for small spaces or desktop setups, while also offering versatility and portability.
- Easy to use: The speakers are easy to set up and use, with no need for an external amplifier or receiver.
- Versatile: The A2+ is compatible with a wide range of devices, including computers, smartphones, tablets, and more, making it a flexible and versatile speaker system.
- Good build quality: The A2+ is built with high-quality materials and is designed to last, making it a good investment for audio enthusiasts and casual listeners alike.
Cons of the Audioengine A2+ speakers:
- Limited bass: Some users have reported that the A2+ speakers may not deliver enough bass for some music genres or gaming experiences.
- Price: The A2+ speakers are priced at the high end of the market, making them less accessible to some users.
- No EQ controls: The speakers do not have any built-in equalization controls, which may limit users’ ability to tweak the sound to their liking.
The compact-yet-powerful A2+ is regarded as one of the top computer speakers for customers who value fine audio and have the money to pay for it. To suit your aesthetics, the well-built units are available in satin black, glossy white, or glossy red. Because Audioengine made the annoying choice to locate the volume control on the back, which gets annoying to access every time, you’ll want to discover the right volume level and stick with it. Audioengine A2+ speakers price $269
Audioengine A2+ speakers specs:
Type Powered Bluetooth aptX speaker system
Amplifier Type Class AB
Power Output 60 W peak power total (15 W RMS / 30 W peak per channel), AES
Drivers 2.75” aramid fiber woofers – 0.75“ Silk dome tweeters
Inputs 3.5 mm stereo mini-jack, RCA L/R, USB, Bluetooth
Outputs RCA variable line-out
Input Voltages 100-240 V 50/60 Hz auto-switching
SNR >95 dB (typical A-weighted)
THD+N <0.05% at all power settings Crosstalk <50 dB Frequency Response 65 Hz-22 kHz ±2.0 dB
Input Impedence 10K ohms unbalanced
Protection Output current limiting, thermal over-temperature, power on/off transient protection
Power Consumption Idle: 10W
Internal BT Receiver CSR8670
Input Bit Depth 16 bit
Bluetooth Receiver Type Bluetooth 5.0
Supported Codecs aptX, AAC, SBC
Wireless Operation Range Up to 100 ft (30 m) typical
Input Data Rate Determined by Bluetooth
Wireless Latency ~30 milliseconds (ms)