Genesis GV60 2023 – Unique style, lots of safety, ultra fast charging
The Genesis GV60 2023 comes packed with an impressive range of standard features, including 20-inch alloy wheels, dual 12.3-inch widescreens, glass roof with power sunshade, augmented reality satellite navigation, head-up display, 18-way electrically adjustable driver’s seat with massage function, 17-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, wireless phone charger, dual-zone climate control, digital side mirrors, and a full safety suite, including blind-spot cameras and adaptive headlights.
Flagship models of the Genesis GV60 Performance AWD come with 21-inch alloys, Boost mode, adaptive ‘road preview’ suspension, electromechanical LSD, black monobloc front brake calipers, and alloy pedals.
Genesis offers several additional ownership benefits for new GV60 buyers, including a five-year subscription to the Chargefox public charging network or the complimentary supply and installation of a wallbox charger at home, as well as a five-year subscription to the ‘Genesis To You’ concierge program. The GV60 Performance claims to clock the 0-100km/h sprint in 4.0 seconds compared to the standard model’s 5.5-second claim.
With the same 800-volt electrical architecture as the Hyundai Ioniq 5 and Kia EV6, the GV60 can ingest a maximum of 350kW, replenishing the battery from 10 to 80 per cent in just 18 minutes when using the appropriate DC charger in ideal conditions. Using a more common 50kW charger, the same 10-80 per cent refill will take a little over an hour. The Genesis GV60 is also capable of V2L (vehicle-to-load) energy sharing.
The cabin design of the GV60 is striking and features deep blue leather accented with lime green piping. The standard equipment and features are virtually identical between the two GV60 variants, and Genesis also includes facial recognition and fingerprint scanning technology, enabling certain people to unlock and start the vehicle without a key.
Despite its plush and luxurious interior, the GV60 does not deliver the ride comfort to match. While it offers ample outputs, its dynamic abilities are not fully exploited. However, the GV60 stands out as a unique and distinct style-driven offering, perfect for fashion-forward inner-city commuters looking to make the switch to an electric vehicle. The Genesis GV60 was awarded a five-star safety rating by ANCAP in 2022, and its active safety features include blind-spot monitoring with collision avoidance assist, driver attention warning, lead vehicle warning, autonomous emergency braking with car, pedestrian, cyclist detection and junction assist, evasive steering assist, lane change assist, lane-keep assist, high-beam assist, adaptive lighting, adaptive speed limit assist, reverse AEB, rear cross-traffic collision avoidance assist, rear occupant warning, safe exit assist, adaptive cruise control, 3D camera view, and more.
The multi-charging system is a highly versatile technology that allows for rapid and stable charging across various charging infrastructures. With its ultra-speed charging function, the system can charge a battery from 10 percent to 80 percent in just 18 minutes when charging at 350kW. The multi charging system is compatible with standard, rapid, and super rapid chargers, providing drivers with a seamless and convenient charging experience regardless of the infrastructure available.
Battery conditioning is an essential feature of the multi-charging system. It not only preheats the battery to improve its performance in low-temperature conditions, but it also shortens the charging time by adjusting the battery’s temperature. This feature can be easily controlled through the infotainment system, allowing drivers to optimize battery conditions while locating fast-charging stations using the navigation system.
The multi-charging system is a highly sophisticated technology that delivers a seamless charging experience, enabling rapid charging and convenient charging with different types of charging infrastructure. The battery conditioning feature further enhances the system’s functionality, ensuring that the battery performs optimally in various environmental conditions, making it a game-changer for electric vehicles.
The new Genesis GV60 features digital side mirrors that are connected to a camera and OLED monitor system, providing a clear and wide viewing angle of the rear of the vehicle. Additionally, the system offers advanced convenient services such as ‘Lane Change Assist Line Display’ and ‘Reverse Parking Screen Magnification’.
The Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist system is designed to detect obstacles such as pedestrians, cyclists, and vehicles and assists the driver’s steering in the event of a potential collision. It can also automatically control the vehicle’s brake to avoid a collision when necessary. The system can detect an imminent collision from the left or right side at an intersection and apply the brakes automatically.
The Genesis GV60 is equipped with a function that allows drivers to use high beams without the risk of blinding oncoming traffic or any preceding vehicle. The system uses LEDs with individual electronic controls that can be brightened or dimmed as required.
Furthermore, the Highway Driving Assist system monitors the distance between the vehicle and the car in front, automatically maintaining a safe speed and distance. When driving over a certain speed, the driver can hold the steering wheel and move the turn signal switch in the direction of the desired lane to change lanes automatically.
NEW Genesis GV60:
Powertrain / PE System
- · Next Generation PE System (Rear wheel 168kW Motor, Reducer, Inverter)
· 77.4kWh Lithium-Ion Battery
· 400V/800V Multi charging system
· Regenerative braking system
· Heat Pump System
· Battery Heating System
· Drive Mode Control System
- · Full LED Headlamps
· Full LED Rear Combination Lamps
· 235/55R19 Michelin Tires & Wheels
· Double-glazed Soundproof Glass (front glass, all doors)
· Solar Glass (front)
· Dynamic Welcome Lights
- · 12.3-inch TFT LCD Cluster
· Crystal Sphere (SBW)
· Genesis Integrated Controller
· Regenerative Control Paddle Shifters
· Hi-pass System
· Frameless ECM Rear View Mirror
· Touch-type Air Conditioning Panel
· Ambient Mood Lighting
· Foot lamp (synced with ambient mood lighting)
· Front Seat LED Foot Lamp
· Metal Door Scuff
- · 10 Airbag System (advanced airbags for front seats, driver’s knee airbag, front center side airbag, front side airbags, rear side airbags, and rollover-resistant curtain airbags)
· Emergency Stop Signal
· Lane Keeping Assist
· Vibration Warning Steering Wheel
· High Beam Assist
· Driver Attention Warning
· Forward Collision-avoidance Assist (Car, Pedestrian, Cyclist, Junction turning)
· Blind-Spot Collision-Avoidance Assist
· Rear Cross-Traffic Collision-Avoidance Assist
· Rear Guide Lamp
· Safe Exit Assist
· Intelligent Speed Limit Assist
· Advanced Rear Occupant Alert
· Multi-collision Braking System
- · Face Connect
· Wireless Phone Charger for the Front Seat
· Auto-Flush Door Handles
· Electronic Power Child lock
· Rain Sensor
· Heated Steering Wheel
· Fingerprint Authentication System
· Independent Full Automatic Air Conditioning (including Dual temperature control for the front, Auto defog system, Air intake control, After blow)
· Genesis Air Purification System (Micro-dust sensor, Antibacterial high-performance combination filter)
· Highway Driving Assist
· Smart Cruise Control with Stop & Go
· Navigation-based Smart Cruise Control (safe, curve)
· Lane Following Assist
· Rear View Monitor (with parking guide)
· Electronic Parking Brake (with auto hold)
· Power Safety Windows (Front/Rear seat)
· Forward/Reverse Parking Distance Warning
· Smart Power Tailgate
· Outdoor V2L(Vehicle to Load) Connector
· Electric Active Sound Design (e-ASD)
· Front Passenger Door Trim Diffuser (Removable)
· Indoor V2L
- · Artificial Leather Seat
· Power-adjustable Driver’s Seat (12 way, with lumbar support)
· Power-adjustable Front Passenger Seat (8 way, with height adjustable)
· Ventilated & Heated Front Seat
· Heated Rear Seat
· 2nd row 6:4 Folding
- · Genesis infotainment system(next-generation infotainment system(ccIC), 12.3-inch display, Genesis Connected Services, Damaged/Slippery road notification, Genesis Car Pay, Valet Mode, Music Streaming Service)
· OTA Software Update (Over The Air Update)
· Reference Sound System (8 Speakers)