How to turn off Bixby on Samsung phones?
Bixby is the virtual assistant developed by Samsung for their smartphones. If you want to turn off Bixby on your Samsung phone, you can follow these steps:
- Using Bixby Settings:
- Open the Bixby app by pressing the Bixby button or swiping right on your home screen if your device has a dedicated Bixby button.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner of the screen to access the Bixby settings.
- Look for an option like “Bixby Voice” or “Bixby Voice Settings.”
- In the settings, you should find an option to disable Bixby Voice or the Bixby wake-up feature. Turn off the toggle switch to disable Bixby.
- Using Bixby Home:
- Swipe right on your home screen to access Bixby Home.
- Tap the three-dot menu icon in the upper-right corner.
- Select “Settings.”
- Find the option to disable Bixby Home and turn off the toggle switch.
- Using the Galaxy Store:
- Open the Galaxy Store on your Samsung device.
- Search for “Bixby” in the search bar.
- Look for the Bixby app and open it.
- You might find an option to uninstall or disable the app.
- Using Application Manager:
- Go to your device’s “Settings.”
- Scroll down and tap on “Apps” or “Applications.”
- Find and tap on the Bixby app.
- Depending on your device and software version, you might have the option to uninstall or disable the app.
- Using Package Disabler Apps (Advanced):
- There are third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that can help you disable system apps like Bixby. These apps usually require certain permissions and might require a bit more technical knowledge.
Remember that the steps might vary slightly depending on the Samsung device model and the version of Android it’s running. Also, keep in mind that the ability to fully disable Bixby might depend on your device’s software version and any updates that have been released since my last knowledge update.
Please proceed with caution when disabling system apps, as it might affect other functionalities or future updates. If you’re unsure, you might consider reaching out to Samsung’s support or searching for more recent instructions online based on your specific device and software version.
How to Deactivate the Bixby Button on Galaxy S23, S22, S21, S20, Note 10, and Note 20 Devices:
The Bixby button is positioned below the volume keys on the right side of Samsung’s Galaxy S23, S22, S21, S20, and Note 20 smartphones. On Note 10 phones, it’s situated on the left side, also serving as the power button. While the Bixby function activates with a long-press, you might prefer it exclusively as your power button. To fully disable Bixby on this button, follow these steps:
- Swipe downward on the screen to unveil the notifications menu, then tap the power icon located on the top right corner.
- The power menu will appear, along with the “Side Key Settings” option. Select it to proceed.
- The settings will appear, including the “Press and Hold” choices. By default, the “Wake Bixby” option is enabled. Instead, tap “Power Off” from the menu to deactivate Bixby.
- That’s it! Now you can freely press the side button without triggering Bixby. A satisfying change, isn’t it?
What is Samsung Free?
Samsung Free is a feature available on some Samsung smartphones that offers a content discovery platform directly on your device’s home screen. It provides access to various types of content, such as news articles, videos, games, and more. Samsung Free aims to provide users with easily accessible and curated content to enhance their smartphone experience. It’s often found as a dedicated panel on the leftmost side of the home screen or can be accessed by swiping to the right from the main home screen.
Here are a few key points about Samsung Free:
- Content Variety: Samsung Free typically offers a mix of news articles, videos, games, and other types of content from various sources and partners.
- Customization: Users can sometimes customize the types of content they want to see based on their interests. However, the extent of customization might vary depending on the device’s software version and region.
- Data Usage: Streaming videos and other content through Samsung Free might use mobile data if you’re not connected to Wi-Fi. Users should keep an eye on their data usage if they frequently use this feature.
- Disabling Samsung Free: If you find that you don’t use Samsung Free or would prefer not to have it on your home screen, you can disable it.
- Updates and Variations: Samsung’s software interface and features can vary between different models and versions. As a result, the availability and functionality of Samsung Free might differ on various devices.
How to remove Samsung Free:
- Press and hold on an empty area of your Galaxy phone’s home screen to access the home screen settings. You can also pinch two fingers inward to reach this screen.
- Swipe to the left-most home screen, where you’ll find “Samsung Free.”
- Tap the toggle switch at the top of the screen to disable Samsung Free.
- To re-enable Samsung Free, repeat steps one and two, then toggle the “Samsung Free” option again.