Boost your home or office WiFi coverage with the NETGEAR EAX20 WiFi 6 range extender – supporting the latest WiFi 6 standard for faster speeds and better performance.
A WiFi 6 range extender is a device that is designed to extend the coverage of an existing WiFi network by receiving the wireless signal from a router or access point and re-broadcasting it to other areas of a home or office.
WiFi 6 range extenders are specifically designed to support the latest WiFi 6 standard, which provides faster speeds, better efficiency, and improved performance compared to previous WiFi standards. WiFi 6 range extenders typically operate on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands and use advanced technologies such as MU-MIMO and OFDMA to improve the overall wireless experience.
One of the key benefits of WiFi 6 range extenders is that they can provide improved coverage and performance in areas where the wireless signal from the router or access point may be weak or non-existent. This can be especially useful in larger homes or offices where there are multiple floors, walls, or obstacles that can interfere with the wireless signal.
When choosing a WiFi 6 range extender, it’s important to consider factors such as the coverage area, the number of devices it can support, the setup process, and the compatibility with your existing router or access point. It’s also important to note that while a WiFi 6 range extender can improve the overall wireless experience, it may not be able to provide the same level of performance and reliability as a wired connection.
The NETGEAR EAX20 is a WiFi 6 range extender that is designed to extend the coverage of your existing WiFi network. WiFi 6, also known as 802.11ax, is the latest wireless standard that provides faster speeds, improved reliability, and better efficiency compared to previous WiFi standards.
The NETGEAR EAX20 can provide up to 1.8Gbps of wireless speed and can extend the coverage of your existing WiFi network by up to 1500 square feet. It supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands and comes with two external antennas for better coverage and performance. photo: NETGEAR
The setup process for the NETGEAR EAX20 is straightforward and can be done using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app or through a web browser. It also supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols to ensure the safety and privacy of your network. Setting up using the Nighthawk app only takes a few minutes, allowing you to enjoy better WiFi more quickly. From the palm of your hand, you can manage your NETGEAR service subscriptions, view your connected devices, test your internet speed, and more.
NETGEAR EAX20: pros and cons
Here are some potential pros and cons of the NETGEAR EAX20 WiFi 6 range extender:
- Supports the latest WiFi 6 standard for faster speeds, improved reliability, and better efficiency compared to previous WiFi standards.
- Can extend the coverage of your existing WiFi network by up to 1500 square feet, making it a great choice for larger homes or offices.
- Supports both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, providing flexibility for different devices.
- Comes with two external antennas for better coverage and performance.
- Easy setup process using the NETGEAR Nighthawk app or through a web browser.
- Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols to ensure the safety and privacy of your network.
- May be more expensive than some other WiFi range extenders on the market.
- May not be compatible with all routers or mesh networks.
- While it can provide improved coverage and speed, the actual performance may depend on various factors such as the location of the extender, the number of devices connected, and the quality of the existing WiFi network.
- May not support all of the latest WiFi 6 features and specifications, depending on the router or mesh network it is connected to.
To connect the NETGEAR EAX20 using WPS, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the WPS button on the range extender until the WPS LED starts blinking.
- Within two minutes, press the WPS button on your router or access point.
- Wait for the WPS LED on the range extender to turn solid green, indicating that it has successfully connected to your WiFi network.
- Move the range extender to a new location that is within the range of your existing WiFi network. You can use the LED indicators on the range extender to find the optimal location.
Once the NETGEAR EAX20 is connected to your WiFi network, you can use the NETGEAR Nighthawk app or a web browser to configure and customize the settings of the range extender. It’s important to note that some routers or access points may not support WPS, so it’s always a good idea to check your device’s manual or settings to confirm whether WPS is an available option.
The NETGEAR EAX20 WiFi 6 range extender is a great choice for those who need to extend their WiFi coverage at home or in the office and want to take advantage of the latest WiFi 6 technology.
NETGEAR EAX20 WiFi 6 range extender specs:
- WiFi Technology : 802.11ax
- WiFi Performance : AX1800
- WiFi Band : Band 1: 0.6Gbps @2.4GHz – 1024QAM
- Band 2: 1.2Gbps @5GHz – 1024QAM
- Number of Ethernet Ports : Four (4) 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- Key Features : Gigabit Internet speeds throughout the home
- 1.5 X Better Performance than a Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) Extender—4 Stream WiFi with up to 0.6+1.2 Gbps† for fast wireless speeds
- More WiFi for More Devices— OFDMA allows efficient data transmission up to 4 devices at the same time. Uplink OFDMA improves scheduling during high volumes of upload traffic.§
- Up to 4 Simultaneous WiFi Streams—4-stream MU-MIMO‡ enables up to four (4) 1×1 devices to stream content at the same time
- 160MHz Channel Support—Gigabit speeds for compatible mobile devices & laptops
- Powerful Processor—64bit 1.5GHz dual-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming & gaming
- Four (4) 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports with auto-sensing technology
- Security : Standards-based WiFi Security (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK)
- EASE OF USE : Nighthawk App—Easily set up your extender and get more out of your WiFi
- Wi-Fi 6 Supports All Current WiFi Devices—Backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5, Wi-Fi 4 and earlier generation WiFi devices
- Push & Connect using WPS