Printer review: All-in-One, Cartridge-Free Epson ET-4760 with four separate ink tanks
The Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is a very good printer in general. Instead of using traditional disposable ink cartridges to replace once empty, you have four separate ink tanks. It has exceptionally high printing performance, so you don’t need to recharge your tanks very often. Replacement ink bottles are not too expensive, which makes this printer very convenient. It also prints faster than most of the inkjet printers we tested. It has a flat scanner with an automatic document feeder (ADF), but does not scan duplex. It is also not the best in photographic printing and has difficulty reproducing colors accurately even when printing documents. Considering all things, it’s a versatile and complete printer that’s suitable for most uses.
The Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is a great printer for small office. Print a vastly large number of pages in an ink-filled tank, so you don’t have to worry about the workday being interrupted by empty ink cartridges. It also has a sheet scanner with an automatic document feeder (ADF) so you can scan multiple documents at the same time. However, it does not scan two sides and the printing speed can be a bit slow for a busy office.
The Epson EcoTank ET-4760 is a very good family printer. Its cost-printing ratio is excellent and prints a large number of copies before having to fill the ink tanks. It has a lot of scanning features and a good mobile app as well. However, its photo print quality is only decent and has disappointing color accuracy when printing documents. If you almost always print things to use in the house, then this should not be a problem.The Epson ET-4760 is an perfect black-and-white printer. The super tank system contains a large amount of ink, resulting in remarkably high printing performance. Replacement bottles with black ink do not cost much, so the cost of printing only in black is exceptionally low. Although this printer still prints decently quickly, it’s not as fast as a monochrome laser printer. It’s also a little difficult to fill the tanks with ink. That said, it’s still a great printer if it prints only in black and white. When printing in black-and-white, the printer uses only the black ink cartridge. This can be a cost-effective option if you do not need to print in color, as you will not need to purchase and replace color ink cartridges. One thing to keep in mind is that the Epson ET-4760 uses individual ink cartridges, which means that you will need to replace the black ink cartridge separately when it runs out. This can be more convenient than having to replace an entire tri-color cartridge, as you only need to replace the color that has run out.
In terms of print quality, the ET-4760 is capable of producing sharp, detailed prints with a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. This should result in high-quality black-and-white prints, as long as you are using good-quality paper and the printer is properly maintained.
Overall, the Epson ET-4760 is a reliable choice for black-and-white printing, with a range of features and connectivity options that make it easy to use and maintain.
The Epson ET-4760 has an excellent super-tank ink system. Instead of using traditional disposable cartridges, you have four tanks of high-capacity ink to fill you with. They have a lot of ink and last a long time. Even if you’re printing very regularly, you won’t have to fill tanks often, let alone buy new bottles of ink.
While it is technically possible to fill the supertans with any third-party ink, we do not try it and we do not recommend to do so. Low-quality ink may damage print heads, and unlike standard inkjet printers, ink cannot be removed simply in case of problems. The use of third-party supplies can also cancel the warranty. Photo:EPSON
Some of the main benefits of this printer include:
- High print quality: The ET-4760 uses Epson’s PrecisionCore technology to produce sharp, detailed prints with a resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi.
- Large ink cartridges: The Epson ET-4760 uses individual ink cartridges, which allows you to replace only the colors that run out, rather than having to replace an entire tri-color cartridge. It also has the option to use high-capacity cartridges, which can save you money in the long run.
- Automatic document feeder: The ET-4760 has a 35-page automatic document feeder, which allows you to scan, copy, or fax multiple pages without having to manually feed each page through the machine.
- Connectivity options: The ET-4760 has a range of connectivity options, including WiFi, WiFi Direct, and NFC, which allow you to print from your smartphone or tablet, or to print wirelessly from your computer.
- Eco features: The ET-4760 has a number of features that help it to be more environmentally friendly, including automatic duplex printing (which allows you to print on both sides of the page), and the ability to print on recycled paper.
- Easy setup: The Epson ET-4760 is easy to set up and use, with a large, user-friendly control panel and a variety of software tools to help you get the most out of your printer.
Printing Technology: 4-color (CMYK), drop-on demand MicroPiezo® inkjet technology/PrecisionCore 1S printhead Minimum Ink Droplet Size: 3 droplet sizes, as small as 3.3 picoliters Maximum Print Resolution: 4800 x 1200 optimized dpi ISO Print Speed:
- Black: 15 ISO ppm
- Color: 8 ISO ppm
2-Sided ISO Print Speed:
- Black: 6.5 ISO ppm
- Color: 4.5 ISO ppm
Ink Type: EcoTank Ink Bottles Ink Palette: Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, Black Ink Configuration: 4 individual ink bottles Replacement Ink: 502 Black (127 mL), Cyan, Magenta, Yellow (70mL)
Epson strongly recommends the use of genuine ink to ensure optimal print quality and performance. Ink Yield Information:
- 502 Black ink bottle (127 mL): 7,500
- 502 color (Cyan, Magenta, Yellow) ink bottle (70 mL): 6,000
- Windows® 10
- Windows 8, 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Windows 7 (32-bit, 64-bit)
- Mac® OS X® 10.6 – macOS® 10.13.x
Server Systems: Windows Server® 2003 – Windows Server 2016 Temperature:
- Operating: 50 ° to 95 °F (10 ° to 35 °C)
- Storage: -4 ° to 104 °F (-20 ° to 40 °C)
- Operating: 20 – 80%
- Storage: 5 – 85% (no condensation)
- Power: 6.4 B(A)
- Pressure: 52 dB(A)
- Printing: 16.4″ x 19.8″ x 10.0″
- Storage: 14.8″ x 13.7″ x 9.1″
Weight: 15.0 lb