Marantz successfully refines his recipe for cheap amplifier.
After a secession of award-winning 6 series amplifiers, the Marantz PM6007 does not disappoint. Like its predecessors, the PM6007 combines smooth, powerful sound with world-class system flexibility, allowing you to connect all digital and analog components.
Classy leading sound – improved
With a new release and DIGITAL to Analog Converter (DAC), the PM6007 sounds better than ever. Designed to reduce distortion and faster, cleaner sound, the latest Marantz amplifier features Marantz’s custom HDAM-SA3 technology. Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM) circuits replace basic operating amplifiers, losing them enormously. They promote less noise for more accurate, detailed and dynamic sound, which means you can listen to your music as the artist intended.
The power to realize
Powered by a toroidal power transformer, Shottky barrier diodes provide high current power. This means that you get effortless power and powerful dynamics. Whether you’re swinging on classic soundtracks, stadium rock, dance, or movies, the Marantz PM6007 amp easily delivers immersive sound that fills the room.
Digital inputs with selectable filter
Twin optics join a coaxial input, giving you a total of three digital inputs, perfect for your CD/DVD player, streamer, and TV. The new AK4490 DAC offers high-resolution support, up to 192 kHz/24 bits. The PM6007 introduces new digital filters. Filters 1 and 2 regulate the sound of digital components, giving greater depth or precision.
Connect analog sources, including turntables
It’s not just digital processing that’s been improved. A revised phono pre-set uses PM700N technology, reducing distortion and noise. The result is greater clarity of your vinyl, with a purer and less veiled sound. Four line-level inputs and a recorder output complete the count, offering a total of eight audio inputs, which are quite easy for the most advanced systems.The Marantz PM6007 Stereo Amplifier can accommodate a variety of sources, both digital and analog. It has 45 watts per channel (WPC) in 8 ohm RMS, from 20Hz to 20 kHz. Using a high current power supply with Shottky barrier diodes and above-average storage capacity, the PM6007 is designed to deliver clean music with a wide dynamic range.
Also integrated is a high-res DAC that can play digital files up to 192 kHz/24 bits.
Another welcome feature is an integrated phono stage, which means you can connect a turntable and play LP by simply changing the source on the amplifier without having to add a phono preamplifier. It should also be noted that only mobile magnetic cartridges (MM) are supported; Mobile coil cartridges (MC) are not.
On the back we see a lot of connections. Five analog inputs, one for a turntable and two analog outputs for a tape recorder and a subwoofer. Above this, we see three digital inputs, 2 times optical and 1 time coaxial. In the center no less than 4 pairs of speaker connections and on the right the ability to connect different Marantz devices. A large and elongated remote control with many keys is included as standard. The most important task, volume control, this remote control does a great job. For fans there is, of course, the CD player to match.New subwoofer release
Another novelty of the Marantz PM6007 amplifier is the output dedicated to the subwoofer. This allows you to connect the choice of active subwoofer, for an even more powerful sound. As before, there are two sets of individually controlled speaker outputs, which offer the possibility of a set of speakers in another room. Marantz PM6007 price: € 549 Photo:Marantz
The Marantz PM6007 works by using its HDMA s3 modules, run by a high-capacity power supply and protected toroid transformer to produce up to 2, 45 watts pre-amplification segments. This helps decrease noise and disturbance with the support of various other discrete components in the model.
The Marantz PM6007 amplifier really does not dissatisfy when it comes to providing a clean highly effective sound mixed with system overall flexibility and digital connectivity on your analogue systems. The digital to analogue converter on the Marantz PM6007 allows for clearer, faster sounds with decreased distortion. So, you get much less noise and more powerful, in depth and precise sound.
The Marantz brand name has been all around for a little more than SIXTY-FIVE years. It’s one of the definitely great brands in audio that have in some way handled to survive in the marketplace. Marantz has a status for creativity, manufacturing frequently and developing high quality and trustworthy products even though the company has had Four different owners, since Saul Marantz founded the company in 1953.
With better sound and flexibility, the Marantz PM6007 amplifier is a center of excellence for the entire system.
- 45 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
- 60 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms (20-20,000 Hz)
- 4-ohm capability allows use with a wide range of speakers
- AK4490 24-bit/192kHz digital-to-analog converter for high-performance playback of digitally connected sources
- high-current toroidal power transformer for clean playback and smooth handling of demanding speaker loads
- Hyper Dynamic Amplifier Module (HDAM® SA3) and current feedback amplification for accuracy and control under high-drive conditions
- front-panel tone control knobs (treble and bass)
- Source Direct mode bypasses tone controls
- frequency response 10-70,000 Hz (+0dB, -1dB)
- signal-to-noise ratio: 102 dB (line in), 83 dB (phono)
- remote control included
- detachable power cord
- 2 optical and 1 coaxial digital audio inputs
- switchable digital filter lets you tailor sound to suit your preference
- 5 stereo RCA audio inputs (including a phono input for use with a moving magnet cartridge)
- stereo RCA audio outputs for recording
- built-in headphone amplifier with front-panel full-size (1/4-inch) jack
- binding posts and front-panel switching for two pairs of speakers
- removable jumper bars for bi-wiring a single pair of compatible speakers
- IR flasher input and remote control input/output for use with compatible Marantz components
- mono RCA subwoofer output