Process up to 16 channels of the highest quality home theater audio with Emotiva RMC-1 surround sound processor.
Designed to grow with you
For maximum flexibility, the RMC-1 is Emotiva’s most flexible and configurable AV processor. In addition to the already impressive standard specifications, the RMC-1 has three hardware accessory housings. These handle everything from an optional MM / MC phonostage to additional output channels (12), bringing the total number of outputs to a mind-blowing 28.
Processing up to 16 channels
With 16 output channels, RMC-1 has the processing power for the most sophisticated home theater systems. Add suitable power amplifiers and you’ll be able to decode Dolby Atmos and DTS:X signals, up to Dolby Atmos 9.1.6, enough for larger home theaters. For best results, combine them with XPA Gen3 Emotiva power amplifiers.
High quality sound
Emotiva RMC-1 is designed to provide reference quality sound in stereo or multichannel. The fully balanced stereo reference path combines with the stereo reference mode to make this option impressive for stereo sound. Audiophile grade, Akm4490 truth DAC (Digital to Analog converters) operate in fully balanced mode on all 16 output channels, making it equally impressive in home theater mode.
Balanced XLR outputs
For the highest quality signal transfer, Emotiva RMC-1 uses 16 XLR outputs. XLR balanced sockets offer excellent noise resistance and a “locked” connection for the lowest distortion and safest connection.
Selectable operating mode
Five selectable modes offer the best balance between sound quality and control. Stereo mode and Surround mode use the dedicated room correction and bass management settings to optimize the sound. Direct mode minimizes processing, but maintains bass handling. The reference stereo mode is the purest stereo mode without bass management.
Dirac Live, for the best sound in your room
For the best sound in your room, RMC-1 includes Dirac Research’s powerful room correction technology. This uses a microphone and dedicated software to take multiple readings around your room and feed the information to the amplifier for a fully tailored response (professional setup recommended).
Enjoy fully immersive sound with Dolby Atmos and DTS: X
Dolby Atmos and DTS:X decoders deliver truly immersive sound through ceiling or overhead speakers. Emotiva RMC-1 offers both systems, offering Dolby Atmos up to 9.1.6 and DTS: X up to 7.1.4. Photo: Emotiva
With eight HDMI inputs and two outputs, RMC-1 handles the most complex AV systems. HDMI2. 0B plugs are HDCP2.2 compatible, which makes it suitable for use with the latest TV and 4K HDR and Dolby Vision sources. Nine digital and 3 + 1 analog inputs are wide for a wide range of audio components such as CDs, streamers and turntables equipped with preamplifiers. There are also digital and analog optical outputs, ideal for recording or immersing sound through the processor.
Create a real home theater, with the Emotiva RMC-1.
Emotiva RMC-1 specs
Surround Sound Processing Support:
- Dolby Atmos (up to 9.1.6).
- Dolby TrueHD (up to 7.2).
- Dolby Digital Plus.
- Dolby Digital.
- DTS:X (up to 7.1.4)
- DTS-HD Master Audio.
- DTS-HD High Resolution Audio.
- DTS 5.1.
- Multi-Channel PCM.
Analog Audio Inputs:
- (1) pair; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (balanced XLR).
- (3) pairs; stereo: Reference quality analog audio (unbalanced; machined gold-plated RCA connectors).
Analog Audio Outputs:
- (1) set; 16 channels: Main analog audio outputs (balanced XLR).
- (1) pair; stereo: analog line level Zone 2 output (unbalanced).
- (1) high quality 1/8” stereo headphone output.
Digital Video Inputs and Outputs:
- (8): HDMI digital video inputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (all inputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR, including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
- (2): HDMI digital video outputs: HDMI 2.0b with HDCP 2.2 (one with CEC and ARC). (both outputs support HDMI 2.0b and HDR – including dynamic HDR and Dolby Vision).
Digital Audio Inputs:
- Internal high-performance AM/FM tuner.
- (4): Toslink optical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (4): Coax (RCA) electrical S/PDIF digital audio (up to 24/192).
- (1): AES/EBU (XLR) digital audio.
- (1): USB Type B digital audio (UAC2 USB audio up to 24/192k)
- Digital PCM and DSD audio supported on all HDMI inputs and USB input
Main System Processor:
- The RMC-1 is controlled by our own proprietary Linux-based operating system, and by several powerful DSP engines, each running custom software code.
- The main control functions on the RMC-1 are handled by a Texas Instruments AM-1808 Sitara Arm9 32 bit 375MHz processor.
- The RMC-1 is a pure video switch; video inputs are switched directly to the appropriate output without any unnecessary processing. Video switching on the RMC-1 is handled by three Panasonic MN864788 High Speed LSI 4k UHD Video Switches.
- All audio decoding and post processing is handled by twin Analog Devices, dual-core, 450 MHz DSP engines.
- Audio digital-to-analog conversion for each of the 16 main audio outputs is performed by an individual AKM4490 Verita DAC operating in fully balanced Mono mode.
- 115 VAC or 230 VAC @ 50 / 60 Hz (automatically detected).