The 7 most useful Free iPad Apps
There are many different types of free iPad apps available, catering to a wide range of interests and needs. Some popular categories of iPad apps include:
- Productivity: apps that help users manage their time, tasks, and work, such as calendars, to-do lists, and note-taking apps.
- Education: apps that help users learn and study, such as language learning apps, educational games, and reference apps.
- Entertainment: apps that provide entertainment and leisure, such as music and video streaming apps, games, and social media apps.
- Business: apps that help users with business tasks and activities, such as accounting, invoicing, and project management apps.
- Travel: apps that help users plan and book travel, such as flight and hotel booking apps, and navigation apps.
- Art and Design: apps that help users with art and design tasks, such as graphic design, photo editing and illustration apps.
- Health and Fitness: apps that help users with physical and mental well-being, such as fitness trackers, meditation apps, and nutrition apps.
These are just a few examples of the many different types of apps that are available for the iPad. Whatever your interests and needs, you’re likely to find an app that will suit them.
There are a few reasons why some iPad apps are free:
- Freemium Model: Some apps are free to download and use, but they offer in-app purchases or subscriptions for additional features or content. This allows the developers to make money from users who want to access more functionality or content.
- Advertising Supported: Some apps are free to download and use, but they display ads to users. This allows the developers to make money from advertisers who want to reach the app’s users.
- Open-Source: Some apps are free because they are open-source, meaning that the source code is available to the public and can be modified and distributed by anyone.
- As a marketing tool: Some apps are free to download and use as a marketing tool, The developer may offer a free version of the app to attract users and then charge them for a premium version with more features.
- Sponsorship: Some apps are free because they are sponsored by a company or organization. The sponsor may pay for the development and maintenance of the app in exchange for visibility or branding within the app.
Overall, there are many reasons why some iPad apps are free to download and use, but each app is different and the reason for it being free may vary.
The 7 Best Free iPad Apps
- Google Docs – A word processing and document creation app – Google Docs is a free word processing and document creation app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to create and edit documents, spreadsheets, and presentations on the go. With Google Docs, users can collaborate in real-time with other users, leave comments, and see changes as they are made. It also allows users to save documents to the cloud and access them from any device with an internet connection. Additionally, Google Docs allows users to export documents in a variety of formats, including PDF and Microsoft Office. It also has built-in templates for a variety of document types, making it easy to create professional-looking documents.
- Evernote – A note-taking and organizational app – Evernote is a free note-taking and organizational app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to take notes, create to-do lists, and save web pages, photos, and audio recordings. With Evernote, users can organize their notes into notebooks and add tags to easily find and retrieve them later. Evernote also allows users to collaborate with others by sharing notes and notebooks.
Users can also search for specific notes and content within notes using keywords, and it also has the ability to recognize handwriting, making it easy to search for handwritten notes. The app also has the ability to sync with other devices so you can access your notes from anywhere. Additionally, it allows users to connect to external apps and services, like email and cloud storage services, to enhance its functionality.
- Dropbox – A file storage and sharing app – Dropbox is a free file storage and sharing app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to store and access files in the cloud, and share them with others. With Dropbox, users can upload and download files, including photos, documents, and videos, and access them from any device with an internet connection. Users can also create shared folders with others to collaborate on projects and share files. The app also allows users to access a full history of all changes made to files, so users can easily revert to an older version if necessary.
Dropbox also includes a feature called “smart sync” which allows users to access files from the cloud without actually downloading them to their device, saving storage space. Additionally, it includes a feature called “dropbox paper” which allow users to create, edit, and collaborate on documents in real-time with others.
- iTunes U – A collection of educational resources and courses – iTunes U is a collection of free educational resources and courses that is available for the iPad. It includes a wide range of content, including lectures, videos, books, and other materials from top universities and other educational institutions around the world. The app allows users to browse and download courses on a variety of subjects, including science, technology, engineering, mathematics, humanities, and more. Users can also create custom learning plans, take notes, and track their progress through the courses.
iTunes U also allows teachers to create their own courses, including lessons, quizzes, and assignments, and share them with students. It also includes a feature called “discussions” where students and teachers can interact and share information. Additionally, it allows the users to take notes, highlights and even make questions on the materials. It also allows the users to track their progress and get reminders for assignments and due dates.
- iBooks – An e-book reader and library – iBooks is a free e-book reader and library app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to purchase and download books from the iBooks Store, as well as import and read their own e-books in the ePub and PDF formats. With iBooks, users can customize the reading experience by adjusting the font size, font type, and background color, and also has a built-in dictionary for quick word lookups. Users can also create a personal library, and make notes, highlights, and bookmarks, as well as view all their notes in one place.
iBooks also allows users to listen to audiobooks, and also has a feature called “iBooks Author” which allows users to create and publish their own interactive e-books with text, images, and multimedia. Additionally, iBooks has the ability to sync your notes, highlights, and bookmarks across all your iOS devices, so you can pick up right where you left off, no matter which device you’re using.
- Skype – A video and voice call app – Skype is a free video and voice call app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to make and receive voice and video calls, as well as send instant messages to other Skype users. With Skype, users can make one-on-one calls, or join group calls with up to 50 people, and also has a built-in screen sharing feature for presentations and remote collaboration.
Skype also allows users to make calls to landlines and mobile phones, with the option to purchase Skype credit or a subscription, at a low cost. It also has the ability to record calls and share them, and also allows users to share their screen with others during a call. Additionally, users can also use Skype to send text messages, images and even documents, to other Skype users or even to mobile numbers.
Skype also has a feature called “Skype for Business” which allows users to schedule and join online meetings and presentations with colleagues, partners, and customers, and it also includes built-in support for collaboration tools like document and screen sharing.
- MyScript Calculator – A handwriting calculator app – MyScript Calculator is a free mathematical expression calculator app that is available for the iPad. It allows users to perform calculations by writing them out by hand, rather than typing them in with a keyboard. With MyScript Calculator, users can write equations using their finger or a stylus, and the app will recognize and interpret the handwriting, and calculate the result. It supports basic arithmetic operations, as well as more advanced mathematical functions such as trigonometry, logarithms, and more.
MyScript Calculator also allows users to perform calculations in multiple languages, including English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, and more. It also includes a history feature that allows users to view and reuse previous calculations. Additionally, it has the ability to recognize and process mathematical notation, and also include editing and formatting options.
Overall, MyScript Calculator is a great app for students, engineers, and anyone who needs to perform calculations quickly and easily. It provides an easy and natural way to perform calculations, saving time and reducing the risk of errors.