The best Video Converters: convert all popular formats
With the rapid development of multimedia technology, an increasing number of video formats have emerged to cater to various purposes, channels, and devices. While different video formats offer better playback performance, they can also lead to compatibility issues with certain formats or devices. To address these problems, the most direct and efficient solution is to convert videos from their original format to a compatible one for the target device. This is where video converter programs come into play. However, not all video converter tools available on the internet deliver satisfactory results. In this article, we will recommend some of the best video converter programs that simplify the conversion process and eliminate format compatibility problems.
There are several excellent video converters available that can help you convert videos between different formats. Here are some of the best video converters you can consider:
– AVS Video Converter – AVS Video Converter has more functions than just converting videos. One of AVS Video Converter’s best features is the built-in DVD burner. After you convert your video files to an NTSC (U.S.) or PAL (Europe) compatible format, you can simply burn the file to DVD. With AVS Video Converter, you can also do some video editing, including splitting, joining and trimming video, and adding audio tracks. In addition, the video and audio effects are of great fun and ensure that your videos will look and sound in the way you expect. With 84 video effects, you will certainly find what you want to choose to flip, twist, skew, sharpen, emboss, defuse and do pretty much anything to the visuals. Convert from/to 150+ formats: MP4, MOV, MKV, WEBM, DVD, AVI, WMV, MPEG, M2TS, TS, 2K QHD, 4K UHD and DCI 4K, etc.
– WinAVI All in One Converter – Like the name suggests, WinAVI All-In-One Converter include multiple functions for you to convert or customize your videos. The program is a professional application designed to convert the most popular video and audio formats, so it can convert almost all videos and audios to play them on PC, portable media players, and so on. WinAVI All-In-One Converter is one of the best and world’s fastest converters for video and audio conversion among popular formats like AVI, MPEG1/2, MP4, WMV, FLV, MOV, VCD/DVD, XviD/Divx, 3GP as well as audio formats including MP3, WMA, WAV, etc. With double conversion speed, it can convert a movie about 4G in only 10 minutes.
– Freemake Video Converter – Freemake Video Converter is a user-friendly tool that supports a wide range of input formats and provides quick and easy conversion options. It also offers additional features like video editing, DVD burning, and more.
Freemake Video Converter is a free tool that allows you to convert videos and movies between over 500 formats, including online videos. You can convert files to popular formats like MP4, MP3, AVI, WMV, DVD, iPhone, and Android. It supports videos of any size or format, providing flexibility in your conversion needs. The best part is that Freemake Video Converter is completely free, without any trials or limitations. You can convert between 500+ formats without any restrictions.
Freemake Video Converter supports all popular and even rare non-protected formats, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, WMV, MP3, DVD, 3GP, SWF, FLV, HD, MOV, RM, QT, Divx, Xvid, TS, MTS, and Fraps. It also allows you to import photos or audio files to create multimedia videos. With its batch conversion feature, you can transform multiple video clips at once, saving you time and effort. The software includes essential codecs like H.264, H.265 (HEVC), MPEG4, AAC, and AV1.
Additionally, Freemake Video Converter enables you to modify videos from platforms like Vimeo, Dailymotion, and more. You can change the video format to MP3, MP4, AVI, WMV, MKV, 3GP, or other file formats. Another convenient feature is that the Free Video Converter automatically uploads converted videos and audio files to iTunes and iOS devices. It also supports the conversion of large HD videos and movies.
– Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate – Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate supports popular formats such as WMA, MOV, AVI, MP4 (compatible with most Apple products), MPEG 1 and 2, and VOB (for DVDs). It also handles less common formats like M4V, RM, 3GP, and SWF. While it lacks some advanced editing tools found in other converters, Xilisoft Video Converter Platinum features a built-in video player for previewing videos before conversion. However, the program can be somewhat unstable, occasionally crashing during the conversion process.
– Any Video Converter – Any Video Converter is a versatile tool that supports a variety of input and output formats. It offers a user-friendly interface and includes features such as batch conversion, video editing, and DVD burning.
– FFmpeg – FFmpeg is a powerful command-line tool that can handle almost any multimedia conversion task. It’s free and supports a vast number of formats. While it requires some technical knowledge to use, it offers extensive functionality.
FFmpeg stands as the forefront multimedia framework, offering an extensive array of capabilities to decode, encode, transcode, mux, demux, stream, filter, and play virtually any media format ever devised by humans and machines. It supports both ancient, obscure formats and the latest cutting-edge ones, regardless of whether they were created by standards committees, communities, or corporations.
Moreover, FFmpeg boasts remarkable portability, as it successfully compiles, runs, and undergoes rigorous testing infrastructure (FATE) on various operating systems such as Linux, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows, the BSDs, Solaris, and more. It proves its versatility across a wide range of build environments, machine architectures, and configurations.
Video converters are software programs that allow you to convert videos from one format to another. They are useful for ensuring compatibility with different devices and platforms, as well as for modifying video files according to specific needs. Some video converters also offer additional features such as video editing, batch conversion, and support for various input and output formats. The best video converters are capable of handling a wide range of formats, provide high-quality conversions, offer user-friendly interfaces, and may include advanced options for customization. It’s important to choose a video converter that suits your specific requirements and supports the formats you need to work with.