Under $50 gaming keyboard-good choice Redragon K552-RGB
Redragon K552 is a decent gaming keyboard. Blue clicky switches are satisfying and responsive, but without software support, players will not be able to set macros or save profiles. The full RGB backlight is good for darkroom games, but don’t expect a full range of customization options.
The Redragon K552 has a high quality of construction. It is a mixture of hard plastic and metal, and the keyboard feels heavy and sturdy, with no signs of bending. The keys are double-stroke ABS and the keys are stable, but the spacebar has a slight wobly.
Redragon K552 is an O.K office keyboard. The keyboard feels light to type, but noise can be a problem if you work in a quiet office. Unfortunately, you may need to rest your wrist due to the high profile of the keyboard as it does not come with one. Fortunately, the keyboard has good compatibility with most desktop operating systems, although some keys may not work on macOS.The Redragon K552 is an acceptable keyboard for programming. Most programmers will appreciate the sense of light and click of blue switches, as well as the impressive quality of keyboard construction, but the absence of programmable keys can be a switch for some.
The Redragon K552 is a solid keyboard for mixed use. While typing on this keyboard is light and comfortable, the audible clicks of the blue switches make it unsuitable for most office uses. Its responsiveness is good enough for games or programming, but the lack of programmable keys and software support can be a problem for some.
This keyboard has full RGB backlight unlike the almost identical AUKEY KM-G9. However, since there is currently no official software support, customization is performed on the keyboard itself. You can traverse 18 lighting effects by holding down the ‘FN’ button and pressing Insert, Start, PgS, Page Up, Finish, or Delete. Each of these keys has three presets that you can scroll by repeatedly pressing the desired key.
You can also customize each key individually by pressing the ‘FN’ key and the tilde(‘) button, which will allow the “customization mode” of the keyboard. From here, you can scroll through different colors by pressing ‘FN’ and the Right Arrow key. When you reach the color you want, press the key to which you want to color, and then press ‘FN’ and the tilde button again to exit customization mode.Switching through default settings will not remove custom settings; you can press ‘FN’ and the tilde’ button again to return to it.
Redragon K552 is a very good mechanical gaming keyboard with easy touch clicky switches. Its compact design is simple, but functional and its quality of construction can compete with keyboards at twice its price. Unfortunately, the keyboard is pretty bare-plug when it comes to additional features, and clicky blue switches may not be the best choice for quiet offices, but given its cheap price, it’s still a good choice for those looking for a basic mechanical keyboard with admirable performance. photo:Redragon
- 87 Key Mechanical Gaming Keyboard with Custom Switches (Cherry Blue equivalent) for longevity with greater durability and responsiveness offering clicky medium resistance audible loud click sound crisp precise tactile feedback for typing and gaming
- LED RGB Backlit Mechanical Gaming Keyboard 18 different RGB lighting modes, 9 different colors, 5 backlight brightness levels, breathing speed. Precision engineered keycaps offering crystal clear uniform backlighting
- Anti Ghosting, ALL 87 keys are conflict free n-Key Rollover for ultimate Gaming performance. 12 Multimedia keys, Non-Slip Ergonomic, splash-proof Design with adjustable typing angle, High-Speed USB cable with gold-plated corrosion free USB connector
- Compact TKL Tenkeyless Ergonomic Designed Computer Keyboard Durable Metal-ABS Construction with Plate-mounted mechanical keys and switches that stand up during marathon FPS gaming sessions like league of legends Fortnite PUGB Overwatch Call of Duty
- PC Gaming Keyboard Compatibility Windows 10, 8, 7, Vista, XP, Limited Mac OS keyboard support. Works well with all major Computers Brands and Gaming PCs MSI, Dell, Corsair, Alienware, Razer, Xbox One, Asus and others. Redragon K552 keyboard price:$47.98