The LG 86QNED80UQA TV offers a stunning 4K picture and a ton of useful features to greatly increase your screen time. Like the other sets in LG’s QNED series, this big 86″ panel’s edge-lit LED backlight is more cost-effective, but like the others, it gets its bright colors from Quantum Dot NanoCell Color Technology. This implies that it makes use of nanoparticles to block out undesirable light wavelengths and improve color purity for a clear, colorful image that can be seen clearly even from seats to the side.
Thanks to ALLM support, Game Mode is instantly triggered to decrease input lag for blazing-fast response time. Additionally, you can access all of your game settings in one location and make simple real-time modifications using LG’s Game Optimizer. For more detail in your HDR games, use the HGiG (HDR Gaming Interest Group) setting, which allows more precise tone mapping.
For gamers, the LG 86QNED80UQA is a fantastic TV. You can get the most out of your next-generation console or high-end PC setup thanks to the two HDMI inputs that enable 4K at 120Hz. Additionally, it supports AMD FreeSyncTM Premium’s Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) for graphics that are smooth and tear-free. HDR Gaming Interest Group is known as HGiG. As the name implies, this group of companies has come together to develop norms and best practices for the integration of HDR in gaming, not a format or spec. The HGiG was founded by console manufacturers Microsoft and Sony, and its members include TV manufacturers like LG, Samsung, and Panasonic as well as game publishers and developers including Activision, EA, Rockstar and Ubisoft.
Additionally, the LG 86QNED80UQA supports cloud gaming with Google Stadia and Nvidia GeForce NOW integrated directly into the TV (requires separate subscription and game controllers).
You can quickly access your preferred movies and TV shows on Netflix®, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube, Hulu, and many more streaming services thanks to the built-in streaming platform on this TV. And LG’s Magic Remote makes it easy to find what you’re looking for. To simultaneously search across apps, movies, TV shows, and the web, you can point, click, scroll, or talk into the remote control.
The LG 86QNED80UQA TV is designed and built excellently. There are no problems with quality control, and it is well constructed. Both the back panel’s slight flex and the stand’s slight wobble are not particularly concerning, and once the TV is in position, you won’t even notice them.
To lessen screen tearing, the LG 86QNED80UQA supports all three of the widely used VRR formats. For the VRR capability to function even at low frame rates, it requires Low Framerate Compensation.
As long as you connect the PS5 to the TV using HDMI ports 3 and 4, which support the full HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, there won’t be any problems.
Similar to the PS5, the Xbox Series X has no issues, however in order to fully benefit from it, you must use HDMI 2.1 bandwidth ports 3 and 4.
The webOS smart platform is the 2022 version and is included with the LG 86QNED80UQA TV. In comparison to earlier models, it is simpler to use and has a few more features, such as user profiles that allow each member of your household to personalize their profile as they see comfortable. You may download a ton of applications from the app store, so you’re certain to discover your preferred entertainment.
As a pc monitor, the LG 86QNED80UQA TV is fantastic. As long as your graphics card supports it, you can display high-frame-rate data with chroma 4:4:4 for accurate text using HDMI 2.1 bandwidth. Plus, it has no input lag, which makes moving around on your desktop feel fast and easy. It offers a broad viewing angle that is good if you sit close because the edges don’t look washed out, and if there are a few lights nearby, it handles reflections reasonably well.
Thanks to AI Picture Pro, which automatically improves contrast and resolution with AI 4K Upscaling and AI Tone Mapping for stunning realistic images every time you watch, the ideal picture is closer than ever.
The LG 86QNED80UQA TV is excellent for sports. Due to its quick response time, fast-moving balls and players looked well with little blur trail. Its wide viewing angle is ideal when you’re watching the big game with friends because it ensures that everyone sees the same image. If you wish to use it in a room with several lights, it also has pretty good reflection handling, but it isn’t bright enough to block glare from the light. LG 86 Inch TV 86QNED80UQA price: $1,999.99
In LG’s mid-range QNED lineup, the LG 86QNED80UQA is the entry-level model. It is a new TV for 2022/2023 that replaces the LG QNED85 and mixes quantum dot technology with LG’s own NanoCell technology to display a wider spectrum of colors than more affordable models. It comes in a variety of sizes, ranging from 50 to 86 inches, but not every size performs the same. It lacks features like Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos support, which you would expect from a mid-range TV. Additionally, it lacks Mini LED backlighting, unlike the majority of the QNED series. Fortunately, LG 86QNED80UQA offers many of the same capabilities for gaming as more expensive models, including a 120Hz panel, HDMI 2.1 bandwidth, and support for variable refresh rate (VRR). photo: LG
LG 86QNED80UQA TV specs
- Display Type 4K Quantum Dot NanoCell Display
- Display Resolution 4K Ultra HD (3,840 x 2,160)
- Backlight Type Direct
- Backlight Dimming Technology Local Dimming
- Quantum Dot NanoCell Technology Yes
- Billion Rich Colors Yes
- Picture Processor α7 Gen 5 AI Processor 4K
- AI Picture AI Picture Pro
- Upscaling AI 4K Upscaling
- Refresh Rate 120Hz Native
- AI Sound AI Sound Pro
- TV Sound Mode Share Yes
- Bluetooth Surround Ready Yes
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) – Active HDR (HDR10, HLG), HDR Dynamic Tone Mapping
- Filmmaker Mode Yes
- Magic Explorer Yes
- Next Picks Yes
- Game Optimizer Yes
- FreeSync Premium™ Yes
- VRR (Variable Refresh Rate) Yes
- ALLM (Auto Low Latency Mode) Yes
- HGiG Yes
- Cloud Gaming NVIDIA GEFORCE NOW
AI TV(ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE)
- Operating System webOS
- LG Content Store (App Store) Yes
- Full Web Browser Yes
- LG Channels Yes
- Content Partners Netflix, Disney+, Apple TV, Hulu, Paramount+, Peacock, Youtube TV, Spotify, iHeartRadio and more
- LG ThinQ® AI Yes
- Home Dashboard Yes
- Sports Alert Yes
- Magic Remote Control Yes (Point, Click, Scroll, Voice)
- Universal Remote Control Yes (Auto Device Detection)
- Voice Assistants Google and Alexa Built-in (No separate device purchase necessary)
- Intelligent Voice Recognition Yes
- Gallery Mode Yes
- Who.Where.What? Yes
- Apple Apple Airplay 2, Apple Homekit
- Amazon Alexa Compatible Yes (Amazon Alexa device sold separately)
- Google Home Compatible Yes (Google Home device sold separately)
- Speaker System 2.2 Channel
- Output Power 40W
- Speaker Direction Down Firing
- WiSA Ready Yes (Separate Dongle Purchase Required) *Up to 2.1 Channel
- Audio Codec AC4, AC3(Dolby Digital), EAC3, HE-AAC, AAC, MP2, MP3, PCM, WMA, apt-X (refer to manual)
- LG Sound Sync Yes
- Wi-Fi® Standard Wi-Fi Certified 802.11ac
- Bluetooth® Support Version 5.0
- IP Control Yes
- HDMI-CEC (Simplink) Yes
- TV Tuner ATSC, Clear QAM
- Smart Phone Connectivity Yes
- HDMI Input (HDCP 2.2) 4 (side)
- Latest HDMI (4K @ 120Hz) HDMI 3,4
- HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC) eARC (HDMI 3)
- USB Ports (v 2.0) 1 (rear) / 1 (side)
- RF Connection Input (Antenna/Cable) 1 (Side)
- Ethernet Input 1 (Rear)
- RS-232C Input (Mini Jack) 1 (Rear)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical) 1 (Side)