Learn how to download and install Minecraft on a PC with this easy-to-follow guide. Follow our step-by-step instructions and start playing Minecraft in no time. Download Minecraft from the official website, create a Mojang account, choose your payment method, and install Minecraft on your PC with ease.
To download Minecraft on a PC, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Minecraft website at minecraft.net.
- Click on the “Get Minecraft” button.
- Choose the edition of Minecraft you want to download. If you’re not sure, choose the “Minecraft for Windows 10” edition.
- If you don’t have a Mojang account, create one by clicking on the “Register” button and filling out the form. If you already have an account, log in.
- Choose your payment method and complete the purchase if required. Minecraft costs $26.95 USD.
- After completing the purchase, you’ll be taken to the download page. Click the “Download” button to start the download.
- Once the download is complete, run the Minecraft installation file.
- Follow the installation prompts to install Minecraft on your PC.
That’s it! Once the installation is complete, you can launch Minecraft and start playing.
WHICH VERSION SHOULD YOU INSTALL?
As opposed to the past, Minecraft Java edition and Bedrock (now known as Windows) edition are sold together as a bundle, making it impossible to make a mistake and unintentionally buy the wrong version. If you don’t want to install both, there is a distinction in which version you install.
It’s important to keep in mind the following if you’re not positive which edition you want. The best option for cross-platform play is Bedrock or Windows; it allows using a game controller and gives you access to the Minecraft Marketplace where you can purchase game textures, skins, or custom maps. For Minecraft modifications, free texture packs, and skins, Java works best. It’s also important to keep in mind that Mojang is presently working on enhancing Java with cross-platforming, so in a few months, Java may be the only option.
Both “Minecraft: Java Edition” and “Minecraft for Windows” will be available in the left-hand section of the Minecraft Launcher. By selecting the desired version and pressing the large green “install” button in the bottom center, you can install either one.
As cross-platforming is currently being added to Java by Mojang, this might be the only option in a few months.