If you would like to game on a budget, search no further than this reliable Cooler Master series. It’s not the most affordable offered, but keeping with a quality brand that’s secure and trustworthy is truly worth it when it comes to PSUs, particularly if you have invested in a mid-range graphics card you plan to overclock. Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 got 80 Plus Bronze effectiveness and is a fairly remarkable 86.6% at full load.
Compared to opponents, it truly impresses with noise as well, which is a most certain plus when spending long hours gaming.
Up to 15% load, this model is quiet. Up to 270W, it’s just 28dbA, which is simply above a whisper. At 500W it’s around 33dbA. Max dbA is 34.9. So essentially, it’s whisper-noiseless up until close to 500W.
This is thanks to the Silencio FP 120mm fan, which has an LDB (Loop Dynamic Bearing) design with reduced vibrations and an ultra-low current.
The design of Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 is a clean-looking black and the build is really good for the selling price point, with decent soldering quality and 85c capacitors.
MasterWatt 650 PSU is semi-modular, with 2 PCIe connectors and 2 SATAs.
Temperatures are approximately 62°C at full load, which undoubtedly can’t match the premium 750w versions, but you receive what you pay for.
The +12V rail can deliver 54A, which is definitely enough for a gamer’s graphic card. The minor rails can deliver 22A combined.
Ripple reductions is very good, hitting 50mV on the +12V rail at full load.
And lastly, it arrives with a fine 5-year warranty.
What the Cooler Master MasterWatt series offers is a excellent balance between performance, pricing and stability, shipping with a five-year warranty and numerous upgrades over Cooler Master’s older solutions in this price range.
When compared to the GM-series that it replaces this unit comes with all-black cables, much longer, more conductive PCIe cables and the add-on of a Silencio fan for more silent operation and a semi-passive fan profile that turns the fan off at low loads.
To make a extended story simple, this Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 PSU provides almost everything that a budget PC builder demands, with the only real downside being the unit’s efficiency rating. That being said that is what comes with high wattage units at this selling price point, with higher efficiency scores often coming with significant price increases. Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 price: $66
The PSU is the heart of any system, making it essential to purchase the proper product for your needs. The Cooler Master MasterWatt line offers a powerful low-cost offering, although high-end builders should be searching at higher-end products if they value performance, higher-end 0dB fan modes and the enhanced stability that leading tier PSUs can provide. Photo: CM
Cooler Master MasterWatt 650 Specifications:
Motherboard power connector: 24-pin ATX
– Peripheral (Molex) power connectors (4-pin): 3
– Motherboard power cable length: 55 cm
– Number of SATA power connectors: 9
– SATA power cable length: 620,500,860 mm
– Peripheral (Molex) power cable length: 620,500 mm
– PCI Express power connectors (6+2 pin): 4
– PCI Express power cable length: 67 cm
Total power: 650 W
– AC input voltage: 100 – 240 V
– AC input frequency: 50 – 60 Hz
– Input current: 5 – 10 A
– Power Factor Correction (PFC) type: Active
– Combined power (+3.3V): 120 W
– Combined power (+12V): 650 W
– Combined power (+5V): 120 W
– Combined power (-12V): 3.6 W
– Combined power (+5Vsb): 15 W
– Max output current (+3.3V): 22 A
– Max output current (+12V): 54.1 A
– Max output current (+5V): 22 A
– Max output current (-12V): 0.3 A
– Max output current (+5Vsb): 3 A
– Hold time: 16 ms
– Efficiency: 85%
– Power Good signal delay range: 100 – 500 ms
– Power protection features: Over current,Over power,Over voltage,Short circuit,Under voltage
CPU power connector (4+4 pin): Yes
– CPU power cable length: 60 cm
– Floppy drive power connector: 1
– Floppy disk drive connector: Yes
– Purpose: PC
– Power supply unit (PSU) form factor: ATX
– 80 PLUS certification: 80 PLUS Bronze
– ATX version: 2.4
– Bearing technology: LDB
– Mean time between failures (MTBF): 100000 h
– Certification: CCC, CE, TUV-RH, RCM, EAC, cTUVus, FCC, BSMI, KC
– Fan diameter: 12 cm
– Number of fans: 1 fan