If you have WhatsApp conversations that are important to you, you can copy and email them to your email account. This will allow you to save them to your PC or keep a copy of them in your email account.
WhatsApp chat history allows you to do this from your Android device. You can export an individual or group chat to your email, and also attach media files.
Export an individual or group WhatsApp chat from your Android
To export an individual or group WhatsApp chat from your Android, start by opening the WhatsApp app on your Android device and pressing Menu > Settings >
Press the back button, then tap Chat History > Export chat
Then select accordingly whether you want to attach the files or not. Another way to do this is to press the chat you want to export for a couple of seconds, and then select Send mail chat
Then select the email application that you want to use to receive the file, or select an alternate sharing method
From your PC, enter your email and download the TXT file with the media files you’ve attached. You can also add them to OneDrive to view them online. The downloaded TXT file can be opened with Windows Notepad, although the text will be cluttered. Preferably, open it with Word or Excel, which will display a more neat layout. However, in Excel you cannot display some special characters or emoticons….
To save or export your WhatsApp chats, follow these steps:
- Open the WhatsApp app on your device.
- Go to the chat that you want to save or export.
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner of the screen to open the menu.
- Select the “Export Chat” option from the menu.
- Choose whether you want to include media files in the export, and then select the “Export” option.
- Select where you want to save the exported chat, such as your device’s internal storage, an external SD card, or cloud storage.
- Wait for the export process to complete, and then your chat will be saved in the selected location.