The JVC KS-DR2104DBT amplifier is a compact and rugged 4-channel amp designed for use in cars, boats, and ATVs. With a maximum power output of 600 watts and Bluetooth remote control, this marine-rated amplifier is perfect for adding clarity and impact to your audio system. Learn more about the features and installation process of the KS-DR2104DBT.
The JVC KS-DR2104DBT is a Car, Marine, UTV and Motorcycle audio digital amplifier designed to enhance the sound quality of your car’s audio system. Here are some of its features:
- Power output: The amplifier can deliver up to 600 watts of peak power across four channels, with a continuous RMS output of 45 watts per channel at 4 ohms.
- Bluetooth connectivity: You can easily connect your Bluetooth-enabled device to the amplifier and stream audio wirelessly.
- Digital signal processing: The amplifier features a built-in DSP that can adjust the sound settings to optimize the audio quality based on your preferences and the acoustics of your car.
- Low-pass filter: The low-pass filter can help to eliminate unwanted high-frequency noise from your audio signal.
- Compact design: The amplifier is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it easy to install in your car.
The JVC KS-DR2104DBT is a versatile and powerful amplifier that can significantly improve the sound quality of your Car, Marine, UTV audio system.
The KS-DR2104DBT amplifier from JVC’s drvn Series is a compact and versatile addition to your vehicle’s audio system. It is suitable for use on both land and water vehicles, and its compact size makes it easy to install in tight spaces. With an output of 50 watts RMS per channel, it provides twice the power of most factory radios or aftermarket marine receivers.
The KS-DR2104DBT features a robust all-weather chassis that is waterproof, dustproof, salt-spray rustproof, and resistant to damage from excessive vibrations. It is built to withstand tough environments, including power washing. The amplifier comes equipped with Bluetooth connectivity, allowing you to stream music directly from your phone or tablet. It also includes a Bluetooth remote control, which allows you to adjust the volume, EQ, and track selection. photo: JVC
The KS-DR2104DBT can operate in bridged 2-channel mode to power a pair of high-performance speakers with up to 150 watts RMS each. The amplifier includes separate low- and high-pass filters for the front and rear channels, which enables you to customize the sound for driving full-range, component midrange, or low-frequency speakers.
KS-DR2104DBT is a high-quality amplifier that delivers excellent sound quality and is built to withstand harsh environments. Its compact size and Bluetooth connectivity make it a great choice for anyone looking to upgrade their vehicle’s audio system.
The JVC KS-DR2104DBT amplifier has a maximum power output of 600 watts. This power output is divided among the four channels, with each channel capable of delivering up to 250 watts at peak power. However, the continuous RMS power output of the amplifier is 45 watts per channel at 4 ohms. This power output is sufficient to power most aftermarket car speakers and can significantly enhance the sound quality of your car’s audio system. It’s worth noting that the actual power output of the amplifier will depend on several factors, including the impedance of the speakers and the voltage of the power supply.
JVC KS-DR2104DBT amplifier is IP67/IP66 waterproof and dustproof. This means that the amplifier’s chassis is sealed and protected against the ingress of water and dust. The IP67 rating indicates that the amplifier is protected against the effects of immersion in water for up to 30 minutes, while the IP66 rating indicates that the amplifier is protected against water jets from any direction. These ratings ensure that the amplifier is well-suited for use in harsh environments and can withstand exposure to moisture, dust, and other elements. Additionally, the amplifier is also salt-spray rustproof and resistant to damage from excessive vibrations, making it ideal for use in marine and off-road applications.
JVC KS-DR2104DBT Installation
- Determine the location for the amplifier: The amplifier should be installed in a location where it will be protected from moisture, dust, and excessive vibrations. It’s also important to ensure that there is adequate ventilation to prevent the amplifier from overheating.
- Disconnect the battery: Before beginning the installation, disconnect the vehicle’s battery to prevent electrical shorts and other damage.
- Connect the power wires: Connect the power wire to the amplifier’s power input, and then connect the other end of the wire to the battery positive terminal. Be sure to fuse the power wire close to the battery terminal.
- Connect the ground wire: Connect the ground wire to the amplifier’s ground input, and then connect the other end of the wire to a clean metal surface on the vehicle’s chassis.
- Connect the speaker wires: Connect the speaker wires to the amplifier’s speaker outputs, being sure to observe correct polarity.
- Connect the signal wires: Connect the signal wires (usually RCA cables) to the amplifier’s input jacks. If your head unit doesn’t have RCA outputs, you may need to use a line output converter.
- Mount the amplifier: Mount the amplifier securely in its location, using the supplied mounting screws or brackets.
- Reconnect the battery: Reconnect the vehicle’s battery, being sure to observe correct polarity.
- Test the system: Turn on the amplifier and the head unit, and test the system to ensure that everything is working properly. Make any necessary adjustments to the sound settings to achieve the desired sound quality.
These are just general steps, and the specific installation process may vary depending on your vehicle and the equipment you are using. Always refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for detailed guidance on installing your amplifier. If you are unsure about any aspect of the installation, it’s best to consult a professional installer.
JVC KS-DR2104DBT Specifications
|Max Power Output||600W|
|Rated Power Output||Stereo (4Ω)||50W x 4 (20Hz–20kHz, ≤1.0% THD)|
|Stereo (2Ω)||75W x 4 (1kHz, ≤1.0% THD)|
|Bridged (4Ω)||150W x 2 (1kHz, ≤1.0% THD)|
|Speaker Impedance||4Ω (2Ω to 8Ω allowable)|
|(Bridged connection: 4Ω to 8Ω allowable)|
|Frequency response (+0, –3dB)||10Hz–20kHz|
|Signal to noise ratio||89dB|
|Low pass filter frequency (–12dB/oct.)||50Hz–200Hz (variable)|
|High pass filter frequency (–12dB/oct.)||50Hz–200Hz (variable)|
|RF output power (E.I.R.P.)||+4dBm (Max.), Power Class 2|
|Profile||A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)|
|AVRCP (Audio/Video Remote Control Profile)|
|Operating voltage||12V DC car battery|
|Operational temperature range||–10°C – 60°C|
|Dimensions (W × H × D)||7-13/16″ x 1-15/16″ x 4-1/8″|
|Waterproof & Dustproof||IP66, IP67|