Find the top medical apps currently available and get reliable information on drugs, diseases, procedures, and more. Access quick and dependable information at the point of care with these highly rated Android/iOS medical apps.
There are many great medical apps available now, and the best one for you will depend on your specific needs and interests. Here are some of the top medical apps that cover a wide range of medical specialties and functions:
- Medscape: This is a comprehensive medical reference app that provides up-to-date information on drugs, diseases, procedures, and news in the medical field. It also offers continuing medical education courses for healthcare professionals.
Get quick access to clinical answers with Medscape – your go-to medical resource! This free app provides the latest news, expert commentary, clinical tools, drug and disease information, medical podcasts, CME/CE activities, and more to keep you informed and up-to-date. With over 450 medical calculators organized by specialty, finding the right tool is now quicker and easier than ever before. Check out useful resources such as the Drug Interaction Checker, Pill Identifier, and step-by-step procedural videos to assist with diagnoses and treatments.
Medscape also offers the most current prescribing and safety information on over 9,200 prescription and OTC drugs, herbals, and supplements, ensuring that you have the latest information at your fingertips. Use Medscape to improve patient care and stay ahead of the latest developments in medicine.
- Epocrates: This app provides drug information, dosing, interactions, and pill identification tools for healthcare professionals. It also includes a diagnostic tool that helps physicians make quick and accurate diagnoses. Access reliable drug, disease, and diagnostic information right at the point of care with Epocrates apps! As the #1 mobile drug reference for U.S. physicians, Epocrates provides quick and dependable access to essential information to help save time in the prescribing moment.
With Rx and OTC monographs, you can obtain pharmacology, prescribing, and safety information, adult and pediatric dosing, adverse reactions, contraindications, black box warnings, pregnancy and lactation considerations, and more. Prevent harmful drug interactions by using the drug interaction checker, which can detect interactions between up to 30 brand, generic, OTC, or alternative drugs. You can also use the pill identifier, which is organized by shape, color, imprint code, and other criteria. Epocrates offers over 600 dosing calculators, medical equations, and tools, along with formularies that provide drug coverage for 6,600+ U.S. insurance plans by state. Customizable home screens with drag-and-drop simplicity make it easy to access the information that matters most to you. Trust Epocrates for reliable, up-to-date medical information on-the-go.
- Figure 1: This app is a social network for healthcare professionals that allows them to share medical images and collaborate on cases. It also provides a library of medical images and cases for reference.
Easily access medical knowledge, patient cases, research, podcasts, and more with Figure 1! This innovative app is revolutionizing healthcare by connecting millions of healthcare professionals worldwide to view, share, and discuss real-world patient cases. With thousands of cases ranging from common to rare, education and collaboration happen in real-time and always prioritize the patient’s needs. Figure 1 empowers healthcare professionals to stay up-to-date on the latest advancements in medicine, leading to better patient diagnosis, treatment, and outcomes on a global scale. Join the Figure 1 community and be at the forefront of medical knowledge and innovation.
- VisualDx: This app provides visual diagnostic support for healthcare professionals by allowing them to search a database of over 40,000 images of skin conditions and diseases. It also provides information on treatment options.
VisualDx is a valuable tool for medical professionals that can improve patient engagement and satisfaction in and out of the exam room. This AI-powered visual reference tool comes with a comprehensive image atlas that helps clinicians make better medical decisions. With VisualDx, clinicians can create custom differentials across a wide range of medical fields, including dermatology, internal medicine, and pediatrics, while taking into account important patient information such as medical history, recent travel, and allergies. Additionally, VisualDx offers clinicians the ability to engage with patients by sharing images that reflect their disease presentation, with a particular focus on diverse skin types and dermatology.
VisualDx also helps improve diagnostic accuracy and reduce implicit bias by providing access to data-driven differentials. Furthermore, clinicians can access therapy and best test options from VisualDx’s handbook-length summaries of over 3,200 diagnoses across all medicine.
In addition to these benefits, VisualDx provides public health resources that help clinicians quickly recognize infectious diseases and travel-related illnesses. Finally, clinicians can earn 0.5 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits for internet point of care activity with every search. Overall, VisualDx is an indispensable tool for medical professionals seeking to improve patient outcomes and satisfaction.
- First Aid: American Red Cross: This app provides step-by-step instructions for common first aid situations, as well as information on how to prepare for emergencies and disasters.
- Ada: This app provides an AI-powered symptom checker that helps users evaluate their symptoms and receive personalized health advice. It also provides information on various health conditions and treatment options. Ada’s free symptom checker allows you to receive a health check and determine possible causes from the comfort of your own home, at any time of the day or night. Whether you are experiencing pain, headaches, anxiety, allergies, or food intolerance, Ada’s symptom checker can help you find answers.
Ada’s AI has been trained by doctors over several years, allowing you to receive a pre-diagnosis within minutes. To use the free symptom checker, simply answer a series of simple questions about your health and symptoms. Ada’s AI then assesses your answers against its medical dictionary of thousands of disorders and conditions to provide you with a personalized assessment report that explains what could be wrong and what to do next. With Ada, you can expect smart results that connect medical knowledge with intelligent technology, as well as personalized health information that is tailored to your unique health profile. You can also track your symptoms and their severity in the app, and share your health assessment report with your doctor by exporting it as a PDF.
Other features of the Ada app include data privacy and security, exclusive health articles written by experienced doctors, and 24/7 access to the free symptom checker from anywhere. With Ada, you can take control of your health and receive reliable information about your symptoms and possible causes.
- GoodRx: This app helps users find the lowest prices for prescription drugs at local pharmacies. It also provides information on discounts and coupons for medications.
- MyChart: This app allows users to access their electronic medical records, schedule appointments, and communicate with their healthcare providers. It also provides reminders for medications and appointments.
These are just a few of the many great medical apps you can find now. It’s important to do your own research and read reviews before choosing an app to ensure that it meets your specific needs and is reliable and accurate.