SoftEther VPN is a free and open-source virtual private network (VPN) software. It allows users to create a secure connection over the internet between their computer and a remote network. SoftEther VPN supports multiple protocols, including SSL-VPN, L2TP/IPsec, and OpenVPN, and is capable of connecting to multiple VPN servers for increased flexibility and security.
VPN Gate client Plug-in is an add-on created for SoftEther VPN, which can be used to hide your real online identity and securely browse and access some sites that aren’t available in your country.
If you are a SoftEther VPN user, you need to download and install the gate VPN client plugin, which is available here.
The main task of the VPN is to help you hide your identity on the Internet and use another IP address, which can help you save your information and protect your data, so that other users do not find out.
Install the plugin on SoftEther VPN
This plugin will comes together with the SoftEther VPN package, which is great as you won’t need to download the two separately. To use them, you need to quickly install them, and you can get to work.
When you open SoftEther VPN, you will see the plugin on the main interface. It should be available to you with a single click, as you can open a new window to see the list of VPN relay servers you can connect.
You must select the server to which you want to connect and start the connection.
Hide your IP
The main purpose of this tool is to help you hide your IP address and navigate on the web safely. You can select the location you want to connect to, allowing you to access content and siti
What’s more, using a VPN will be very valuable for those users who don’t want to show their true identity and want to keep it hidden instead.
You will be invisible with your real IP, as you will use a different IP when browsing the Internet.
The SoftEther VPN client plugin is useful when you don’t want to hand over your information and data about yourself.
Surf on the web securely with this VPN plugin, that fits fine with SoftEther VPN and keeps your connection secure.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows (32bit, 64bit)
Windows 98 / 98 SE / ME / NT 4.0 SP6a / 2000 SP4 / XP SP2, SP3 / Server 2003 SP2 / Vista SP1, SP2 / Server 2008 SP1, SP2 / Hyper-V Server 2008 / 7 SP1 / Server 2008 R2 SP1 / Hyper-V Server 2008 R2 / 8 / Server 2012 / Hyper-V Server 2012 / 8.1 / Server 2012 R2 / 10 / Server 2016
- Linux (32bit, 64bit)
Linux 2.4, 2.6, 3.x, 4.x
- Mac OS X (32bit, 64bit)
Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger or later
- FreeBSD (32bit, 64bit) (Stable Edition: Server and Bridge only, Developer Edition: Client is also supported)
- NetBSD (32bit, 64bit) (Developer Edition only, Client is also supported)
- OpenBSD (32bit, 64bit) (Developer Edition only, Client is also supported)
- Solaris (32bit, 64bit) (Server and Bridge only)
Solaris 8, 9, 10, 11
SoftEther VPN Features:
- Free and open-source software.
- Easy to establish both remote-access and site-to-site VPN.
- SSL-VPN Tunneling on HTTPS to pass through NATs and firewalls.
- Revolutionary VPN over ICMP and VPN over DNS features.
- Resistance to highly-restricted firewall.
- Ethernet-bridging (L2) and IP-routing (L3) over VPN.
- Embedded dynamic-DNS and NAT-traversal so that no static nor fixed IP address is required.
- AES 256-bit and RSA 4096-bit encryptions.
- Sufficient security features such as logging and firewall inner VPN tunnel.
- 1Gbps-class high-speed throughput performance with low memory and CPU usage.
- Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, iPhone, iPad and Windows Mobile are supported.
- SSL-VPN (HTTPS) and 6 major VPN protocols (OpenVPN, IPsec, L2TP, MS-SSTP, L2TPv3 and EtherIP) are all supported as VPN tunneling underlay protocols.
- The OpenVPN clone function supports legacy OpenVPN clients.
- IPv4 / IPv6 dual-stack.
- The VPN server runs on Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris and Mac OS X.
- Configure All settings on GUI.
- Multi-languages (English, Japanese and Simplified-Chinese).
- No memory leaks. High quality stable codes, intended for long-term runs. We always verify that there are no memory or resource leaks before releasing the build.
- RADIUS / NT Domain user authentication function
- RSA certificate authentication function
- Deep-inspect packet logging function
- Source IP address control list function
- syslog transfer function